OpenGL and which languages?

Started by
4 comments, last by nickwinters 20 years, 9 months ago
Which languages can OpenGL be used with? I know you can use C, C++, and Java (with bindings). Any others? How about C#? Another thing I''m interested in is SDL. Which languages can that be used with? My interest in exploring other languages is the simplification of creating GUIs, especially if we switch to Visual C# (since it''s drag and drop). Would we be able to create the gui and have a nested window that displays what we do with OpenGL/SDL? Thanks! -Nick
Advertisement
you can use opengl in any language that you can load DLLs from.
And even more langualges, like VB, c#.

Don''t take OpenGL and choose a languaue for it, but use the laguage you are good in, and take openlg!!

-Lev

P.S. verybody who finds any mistakes in my posting can keep ''em! me being drunk now! greetnigs and pray to the red wine god *bob marley: red red wiiiineee*
Yeah, you can use anything. I recommend C++,SDL,OpenGL. A nice portable, effective combination

darkone
Registered Linux User #317188
darkoneRegistered Linux User #317188
If I''m going to be creating multiple windows, and lots of guis (think freeciv), what API would you advise? I''m somewhat familiar with OpenGL (with Java), but I don''t fancy having to write my own components from scratch. I''ve already done a bit of that, and it''s getting old really quickly. Any API''s that come with pre-made guis?
Try Qt.

How appropriate. You fight like a cow.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement