Blocking Elements - My first game.

Started by
0 comments, last by wyrd 20 years, 8 months ago
This is a completed Tetris style game that I made using C# and GDI+. Nothing fancy (ie; Windows API) was used. There are no bugs that I'm aware of, but if you find any please let me know. I'd also like to hear any suggestions on the game as well if you have any. The game is set to run at about 50 fps (and runs about that on my 800mhz machine). If you aren't getting very good performance (under 40 fps) please let me know. All game rules are explained under Help/Rules. To start playing go to File/New Game. Remember that you'll need the .NET runtime (redistributal) to run the game, which you can download at www.microsoft.com/net/. Download the game and source code below if you feel like checking it out (executable for the game is under bin/Release). Download game and source here. With all that out of the way, I could use some advice on overall game design. When I originally started I had all the classes and class hierarchy written out on paper (my overall design and what not). Unfortunately as I progressed with the coding, there were things that needed changes. In the end it ended up more like a jumbled mess then a clean game library. Thanks for reading and trying out my first game. [edited by - wyrd on July 26, 2003 12:57:15 AM]
Advertisement
Didn''t have .NET, and don''t have time to download it. Maybe later.

ToohrVyk

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement