Is there an

Started by
5 comments, last by Vlion 20 years, 8 months ago
OpenGL function to determine whether you are in a glBegin block or not ? Thanks, ~V''lion ~V''lion Bugle4d
~V'lionBugle4d
Advertisement
No.

Why would you need a function to tell you that? You, as the programmer, should *always* know whether you''re within a glBegin()/glEnd() block.
Because I will be moving from object to object- sometimes I want to ensure that the glBegin flag really is on.
~V'lionBugle4d
... i don''t think you quite understand what glBegin and glEnd do... you glBegin, draw the object, glEnd, draw the next object.
*sigh*
OK.
What I will be doing is tranferring program control from function to function to function.
I would have liked a method to make sure glEnd had not been called prematurely.
Oh well, I guess I''ll implement it in my code.
~V'lionBugle4d
if i question u if exists a functions to know if i''m in a {} (Begin/End of the program) block on C++ what u anwser? it''s the same thing

sorry about my english :|

_,,,^Ó..ò^,,,_
Well you can call:
glBegin
again and if it returns GL_INVALID_OPERATION then you are in a glBegin...glEnd block.
Just a dirty trick.

"C lets you shoot yourself in the foot rather easily. C++ allows you to reuse the bullet!"
Member of the Shove Pouya Off A Cliff club, SPOAC. (If you wish to join, add this line to your signature.)Member of "Un-Ban nes8bit" association, UNA (to join put this in your sig)"C lets you shoot yourself in the foot rather easily. C++ allows you to reuse the bullet!"

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement