• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Telamon

Neat Free Massively Multiplayer Games?

This topic is 5560 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey, I was wondering if anyone knew of any free (to play) massively multiplayer games out there? There must be hobbyists like me who are interested in running such games, but who, unlike me have the time and skill to pull it off. I''m interested to see what''s out there and how sophisticated a game one person can reasonably make. I''ve only ever found one free MMORPG, it was a mulitplayer version of Zelda. It was pretty fun, but I don''t think it''s online anymore (I don''t remember the name to google for it).

Advertisement
quote:
Original post by Telamon
I''ve only ever found one free MMORPG, it was a mulitplayer version of Zelda. It was pretty fun, but I don''t think it''s online anymore
Graal Online? It''s still around, although it seems to have changed a lot.

There''s Dransik Online, I don''t know the URL, status, or if it''s free, but do a search on google and you''ll find out

This seems to be it: http://www.dransik.com/

And then there are millions of MUDs, if you care :D

Never played it, but I''ve seen it on the web and sourceforge a few times, looks intesting.

http://www.planeshift.it

I played runescape back before they added the pay-for stuff, and it was great. I am about at level 31 on my charcter with this username. I haven''t played in 6 months tho.

Guest Anonymous Poster
there is also arianne and Majik3D, but i dont think either one of those is playable yet.

Guest Anonymous Poster
oh, there is also ogre island. I kind of regret showing that to my cousin, because he is addicted to it.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!