Where is the dialogue painter in msvc++6

Started by
5 comments, last by Elite19 20 years, 8 months ago
Hi, i''m working through a book called sams teach yourself vc++ in 21 days and i''m stuck on page 2. I''m up to a bit where i''m supposed to be adding controls to a window and this is what is says They can be found on the controls palette in the Dialog Painter editor in the Developer Studio I''ve looked through the manual but i cant find the dialogue painter, does antone know how to open it? How embarasing
--------------------------------------------------------------------- There are 10 types of people in this world, those that understand binary and those who don't.
Advertisement
New->Resource Script..
Access the resource script and insert a dialog. Then you''ll see the "Dialog Painter" and a floating "Controls Palette".

.lick
Hmmm....i do that and it says, resource.h this is being used by existng rc file, overwrite? then i click over right and a file is created. Then i righ click on the file and insert, then a box comes up with options, dialogue being one of them so i click it and a dialogue box is created, not the painter thing i''m after, was that right?
--------------------------------------------------------------------- There are 10 types of people in this world, those that understand binary and those who don't.
A thank you is appreciated You are in the painter right now. There is a toolbox-window where you can add buttons, list, text to your dialog.

.lick

[edited by - Pipo DeClown on July 27, 2003 7:47:04 AM]
Thanks, but its not working, there is no new button panels or anything, just an empty dialogue box
try Tools->Customize->Toolbars then check the Controls checkbox. the control bar should then appear as a docked window within the resource editor window.
Thankyou to both of you, yep it wasnt checked in the tools menu
Thanks again

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement