Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

miko

another problem: i need to create a window which will be not displayed on taskbar

under win32 api i need to create a window without title bar and border (similar to WS_POPUP) but it can''t be displayed on taskbar. is it possible?

Guest Anonymous Poster
create the window via CreateWindowEx and use WS_EX_TOOLWINDOW in the extended style setting. this will work fine for a window without a titlebar but if the window has a titlebar then it will be "scrunched" down like a regular toolbar window.

if you want a regular sized titlebar without a taskbar icon, then you need to use the ITaskbarList interface to get it removed. here''s some code:

void DeleteWndTaskbarIcon( HWND hWnd )
{
ITaskbarList* pTBL;

CoInitialize(NULL);
CoCreateInstance(CLSID_TaskbarList, NULL, CLSCTX_ALL, IID_ITaskbarList, (LPVOID*)&pTBL);

if( pTBL )
{
pTBL->HrInit();
pTBL->DeleteTab(hWnd);
pTBL->Release();
}

CoUninitialize();
}

note that this works only for an Explorer shell. LS, GeoShell, etc. either do not have this capability or handle it differently.

quote:
Original post by Anonymous Poster
if you want a regular sized titlebar without a taskbar icon, then you need to use the ITaskbarList interface to get it removed.

i don't want any titlebar! and i don't have energy to play interfaces (because i'm under gcc and if i could be able to get headers i would never compile them!) isn't there another solution...?

damn... for example winamp and many other apps don't have a window. there must be a way to handle it!

[edited by - miko on July 27, 2003 12:26:11 PM]

quote:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Original post by Anonymous Poster
if you want a regular sized titlebar without a taskbar icon, then you need to use the ITaskbarList interface to get it removed.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i don''t want any titlebar! and i don''t have energy to play interfaces (because i''m under gcc and if i could be able to get headers i would never compile them!) isn''t there another solution...?

damn... for example winamp and many other apps don''t have a window. there must be a way to handle it!

The AP already showed you two ways to do it! Did you even read his post!!

-If you see this image I may or may not be online
My website