HELP ME GETTING STARTED

Started by
5 comments, last by ShakaZuluJR 23 years, 10 months ago
Hello there! I would really like a getting started guide to game dev. that takes it all from the beginning, with source code and all!!! Please if ye know any site PLEASE REPLY!!!!!!!! (((((((ZULU)))))))
(((((((ZULU)))))))
Advertisement
Tried the "New? Start here..." thingy at this site?

/. Muzzafarath
Mad House Software

I'm reminded of the day my daughter came in, looked over my shoulder at some Perl 4 code, and said, "What is that, swearing?" - Larry Wall
I Would highly recomand
TRICKS OF THE WINDOWS GAMES PROGRAMING GURUS
by ANDRE'' LAMOTHE
0 error(s), 0 warning(s)
Is there something in the Net that helps it all from C++ to Net Programming, easy to understand?

Thanks, Arthur(rockslave)
import money.*;#include "cas.h"uses bucks;
Yes, there is lots of stuff on the net to help you from learning a language to directX to networking.......this site is chock full of knowledge but you have to be willing to learn over a long period of time.....
you cant say.."okay i wanna start programming games"......then tomorrow you start putting a game together.......programming takes lots of patience and tedious work.....
if you are just learning a language I suggest getting a book as opposed to reading tutorials online

"Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time"
- Monty Python and the Holy Grail
themGames Productions

Yeah, I learned that lesson really quick. Get a book for C++, start learning it, then get the book by Andrew Lamonte.
I''d suggest learning C before C++ if youve never done a significant amount of programming before, but thats just my opinion.

Teach Yourself C By Herbert Schildt is a pretty good book in my opinion.

Cya''z

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement