What is the diference between "GLvoid" and "void"?

Started by
13 comments, last by xernobyl 20 years, 8 months ago
I am starting do to something, and I found nothing saying the diference between GL vars and the standard vars... Like GLfloat, and float, GLvoid and void, etc... Can you help me?
Advertisement
the following is taken straight from the gl.h header file.

typedef unsigned int GLenum;typedef unsigned char GLboolean;typedef unsigned int GLbitfield;typedef signed char GLbyte;typedef short GLshort;typedef int GLint;typedef int GLsizei;typedef unsigned char GLubyte;typedef unsigned short GLushort;typedef unsigned int GLuint;typedef float GLfloat;typedef float GLclampf;typedef double GLdouble;typedef double GLclampd;typedef void GLvoid;
There''s no diference...
lol
ok
rigth...
duh...
moving on, nothing to see here...
They do this to make sure the code can be ported easily.
For example a float on a 32-bit computer has a different memory size than a float on a 64-bit computer.

So when you port your code from a 32-bit machine to a 64-bit machine the only needed change is in the OpenGL header definitions to achieve the exact same results as on the 32-bit computer.

Or at least I assume that''s the reason..
actually why they do this is the same reasons there are cock measurement contests in local pubs...
quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster
actually why they do this is the same reasons there are cock measurement contests in local pubs...

Just to prove once again that I am bigger than you?
yup, ur much bigger if you can provide your own datatypes.,
So GL vars are made to show OpenGL''s manhood... very clever action.
I need to declare my own types...
typedef long long long long myPenis;

James Simmons
MindEngine Development
http://medev.sourceforge.net
typedef unsigned long double long double Caralho[1024];

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement