Win 32 Vs Console (C++)

Started by
16 comments, last by SSJGaz 20 years, 8 months ago
I''v stared to write a game in console but i think that it may be a waste of time if i can just skip console and go stright into Win32. What are the differences of the code? could i use what i allready have and transfare it across to a Win32 platform with minimal tweaks or would i have to completely start over? Thx in advance
[SSJGaz][Newbie C++ Programmer]
Advertisement
I thought the same thing...but I went and got a taste of Win32 and it isn't so hard. Everything goes around C++ mainly...learn the basics in a Console App and then move on... ;-)

And do like I am...never start a project and not finish it...im still playing with this TicTacToe game. I need to figure out a way to get the AI working correctly...

[edited by - DarkWhoppy on July 27, 2003 5:25:53 PM]
Visit the 3DHangout
could i still use the code that i allready have in console in a win32 ap cause i been working on it for 2 days, 38hrs work and 4hrs sleep
Hehe, you sound like me...once I start something I don''t wanna peel myself away from the PC until its finished. I have had about 6 hrs sleep and still can''t get this Tic-Tac-Toe AI to work correctly. But Win32 is way different than a Console. Win32 is for programming a Windows environment.

Example of how they are different:

WinMain --for Win32

main() --for a console

Go to this site and look at their tutorials...
www.gametutorials.com
Visit the 3DHangout
Alright, Thx m8
Before moving on to anything, be sure that you know structures, pointers etc...
quote:
Example of how they are different:

WinMain --for Win32

main() --for a console

You can''t fairly say that console and windows programming is in any way similar.
[s]--------------------------------------------------------[/s]chromecode.com - software with source code
You need a lot more to make a simple "Hello, world!" program in Win32 than in C++

There''s no town drunk here, we all take turns.
Velocity Gaming Force
A console application is a Win32 application.

AnkhSVN - A Visual Studio .NET Addin for the Subversion version control system.
--AnkhSVN - A Visual Studio .NET Addin for the Subversion version control system.[Project site] [IRC channel] [Blog]
quote:Original post by Arild Fines
A console application is a Win32 application.

AnkhSVN - A Visual Studio .NET Addin for the Subversion version control system.

What do you mean by that?
Visit the 3DHangout
The console that you see in windows is not actually dos, it's just a 32-bit text shell for windows. While it may not look like it, a console application under (modern) windows is actually still a Win32 application.

[edited by - SysOp_1101 on July 27, 2003 11:14:20 PM]
SysOp_1101

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement