Problem with C++ compiler

Started by
2 comments, last by Anthonyrh1 20 years, 9 months ago
I downloaded The newest c++ compiler from bloodshed.net (Dev-C++ 5 Beta 8 (4.9.8.0))to a cd at my home, and installed it on my computer there. Now im at a friends house who told me I could borrow their laptop for a roadtrip, and its running windows95 b version, and the program is doin some weird stuff. Im missing some files, when i try to open the compiler it gives me an error "a required .dll file, shfolder.dll, was not found.". When i try to open vroach I get the error message "a required .dll file, ws2_32.dll, was not found.". So basically I cant use it. Any help would be MUCH appreciated .
-Trying to sound smart-Check out:www.digitalvigilante.comwww.crash.to/crashware
Advertisement
Yeah, I read some where you''ll need a certian .dll file for Dev-C++5. It comes with Win98 and higher I think...(not sure) Download Dev-C++ 4 instead...
Visit the 3DHangout
Thanks alot, im downloading it right now.
-Trying to sound smart-Check out:www.digitalvigilante.comwww.crash.to/crashware
Ehh.. that has nothing to do with Dev-C++ - it''s just your friend that has forgotten to update his version of 95

http://www.microsoft.com/windows95/downloads/contents/WUAdminTools/S_WUNetworkingTools/W95Sockets2/Default.asp

/Please excuse my bad spelling - My native language is binary not english
|Visit me
\Take my advice - I don''''t use it...
/Please excuse my bad spelling - My native language is binary not english|Visit meTake my advice - I don''t use it...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement