Question about static libraries

Started by
6 comments, last by guywithknife 20 years, 8 months ago
Is it possible to link static libraries into another static library? For example, say my program required a.a (or a.lib, whatever), b.a and c.a Could I compile them all into another static library (say d.a) and then only have to link that? Thanks.
Advertisement
Yes, use ar.

[ Start Here ! | How To Ask Smart Questions | Recommended C++ Books | C++ FAQ Lite | Function Ptrs | CppTips Archive ]
[ Header Files | File Format Docs | LNK2001 | C++ STL Doc | STLPort | Free C++ IDE | Boost C++ Lib | MSVC6 Lib Fixes ]
"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." — Brian W. Kernighan
Im sorry, I''m not sure what you mean, is that a command line argument for the compiler/linker or a program or...?
man ar
--AnkhSVN - A Visual Studio .NET Addin for the Subversion version control system.[Project site] [IRC channel] [Blog]
Uh, I dont have it, I''m using MingW32 for windows.
look in your bin directory

My Site
Oh yeah, thanks.
I meant i dont have the manpage, but I''ll figure out how to use it, there must be docs for it. If not ill just have to check the MingW website.

Thanks again.
http://www.ifh.de/computing/documentation/infohtml/binutils/binutils_1.html
ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement