Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MakavelianKode

SDL & VC++.NET questions

i''m creating my first SDL programs using my VC++.NET IDE... However, I''ve run into a couple of things i''m not sure about. First, I compiled under a debug environment and attempted to open the program at another computer. It told me that MSVCR70.dll was missing. Now, before I get flamed, i know, i know, just distribute MSVCR70.dll along with my .exe and any other neccessary files. My question simply is, is that the best way to do it? My second question is also "is there a better way than" question. I used the following code to link the SDL libs: #ifdef WIN32 #pragma comment(lib, "SDL.lib") #pragma comment(lib, "SDLmain.lib") #endif In all the VC6 SDL initialization tutorials I''ve seen, the same thing is done by going to Project->Settings->Link-> Object/Library Modules, etc..... What is the VC.Net equivalent of this???

I realize this is late but I hate seeing threads go without any replies.

quote:
Original post by MakavelianKode
First, I compiled under a debug environment and attempted to open the program at another computer. It told me that MSVCR70.dll was missing. Now, before I get flamed, i know, i know, just distribute MSVCR70.dll along with my .exe and any other neccessary files. My question simply is, is that the best way to do it?

I guess it''s either that or distribute a Release build instead, I don''t see much of a choice.

quote:

I used the following code to link the SDL libs:
#ifdef WIN32
#pragma comment(lib, "SDL.lib")
#pragma comment(lib, "SDLmain.lib")
#endif

In all the VC6 SDL initialization tutorials I''ve seen, the same thing is done by going to Project->Settings->Link-> Object/Library Modules, etc..... What is the VC.Net equivalent of this???

Right click on the project name in the Solution Explorer pane (the one with the tree listing all projects/files/resources) and select Properties. In the left side of the Properties window select Configuration Properties -> Linker -> Input, and then on the right side enter the file names in "Additional Dependencies." Separate them with a space.