• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DirectX and Dev-C++

This topic is 5318 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

im going to start learning DirectX, but one problem...Dev-C++ (4)(the compiler) wont work. i have set the directories to the Directx SDK folder and library folder for it and everything, and a sample program still wont work. this is making me mad because i really want to get up on directx, and also, i made a sample "hello world" C++ program to even see if my compiler works and it gets these linker errors: 1.) dlltool: Unable to open object file: c:\dev-c++\conv.o 2.) Warning: no export definition file provided 3.) dllwrap will create one, but may not be what you want 4.) C:\DEV-C_~1\BIN\dllwrap: dlltool exited with status 1 and a compiler error that says: 1.) conv.cpp C:\DEV-C_~1\INCLUDE\G__~1\iostream.h:31: _defs.h: No such file or directory can someone please help, im really wanting to make a game

Advertisement
IIRC, Dev C++ won''t work with the normal DirectX SDK distribution. There is one available but I''ve not had a need for it myself and don''t know where to find it. I recall this being asked before here on gamedev so try a search, or google it, or wait and see if someone replys with where you can find it.

Ravyne, NYN Interactive Entertainment
[My Site][My School][My Group]

hahaha, no no, i had about a year in school learning C++...even though my teacher wasnt good in a couple of things, but when the stupid Dev-C++ thing worked (on some things), i would make some windows applications. so, im basically a beginner to windows, but im in intermediate level of C++.

BTW: thanks for the help

Ok, I don''t know why the hello world wouldn''t work, but if I recall, the correct DX distribution can be found somewhere on the bloodshed.net web site. Otherwise I''d search on google for them.

Guest Anonymous Poster
Ahh ... i understand your plight. Well it is betther that you st least upgrade to the latest version of dev-C++(stable or not)
The latest on is v4.9.8.2(website isn''t updated but it is there) then go to Tools .. Check for updates and then a list will come up. Click on the directX9 devpack. When it is done open up dev-c++ again and click on Tools ... package manager. Whereever you downloaded the devpack to, look for it and install it.

• Advertisement