Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Estauns

Win32 : Have TGA File, Want Click Event...

Hey all, I have this TGA file stored in a class with a function called ChangeState. I then have an array of these classes, arranged in a 3x3 grid. Basically what I want is, when the TGA is clicked on, the function ChangeState is called. How would I go about doing this? Its all Win32 / GDI too. I''m not going to get into D3D or OpenGL for something like this for a long time. Thanks a bunch!

After some playing around, I''ve found that I can just store the images centre position and check the ImageHeight and the ImageWidth and then check if the mouse co-ordinates are within the image.

Is this the best / only way to do this?

Just want to make sure I''m on the right track here...

if(MouseX > Image.Centre.X - Image.Width / 2 && MouseX < Image.Centre.X + Image.Width / 2)

That works, and for Y too.

But is there some Click On Event (like Visual Basic) I can just trigger, or is this the only way to go about it?

Thanks guys.

Guest Anonymous Poster
if i understand you correctly, you are justing painting these tgas into the app''s main window in response to a WM_PAINT msg purhaps? are you processing the WM_LBUTTONDOWN msg at all or are you just looking at WM_MOUSEMOVE msgs? i''m not quite sure what you currently have so i can''t quite tell you what would be "better."

if you are going the one window route for now, what you could do is create a separate child window for each of the tgas, via an Init method in the class. you could also store the HWND or made-up resource ID of the child window in the class for use later. if you specify the window class as "static" during the CreateWindow call, along with the SS_NOTIFY and SS_BITMAP styles, you will get a control that''s pretty close to a VB picture box. to process the mouse down event, you would then have two choices: 1) have the parent window process the STN_CLICKED notification msg that would be sent to the parent as a WM_COMMAND whenever the static window was clicked on, or 2) "sub-class" the static dialog proc with your own tga class''s msg handler and have that msg proc handle the mouse events. this would provide for a more self-contained class.