modifying vertices on quadratics? is it possible?

Started by
5 comments, last by deryk 20 years, 8 months ago
hi. i was just wondering if modifying individual vertices on quadratics(i.e. spheres) is possible, in order to establish morphing effects. thanks!
Advertisement
No I don''t think you can. Better create your own shpere.

"C lets you shoot yourself in the foot rather easily. C++ allows you to reuse the bullet!"
Member of the Shove Pouya Off A Cliff club, SPOAC. (If you wish to join, add this line to your signature.)Member of "Un-Ban nes8bit" association, UNA (to join put this in your sig)"C lets you shoot yourself in the foot rather easily. C++ allows you to reuse the bullet!"
Perhaps feedback mode would help. There was some hassle with the z-coordinate though.
hmmm interesting stuff... how does feedback mode work?
I don''t really know. I''ve only read about it. Basically it fills a buffer with the coordinates of rendered vertices instead of rendering to the screen although you have to apply some (simple) operation to the z-coordinates in the buffer to get the real ones. I''m sure google will help you find some tutorials.
The feedback is much harder to use than to just calculate the objects yourself, or make them in a 3d model program amnd make your own file reader for the choosen programs file format.
Feedback is slow.

"C lets you shoot yourself in the foot rather easily. C++ allows you to reuse the bullet!"
Member of the Shove Pouya Off A Cliff club, SPOAC. (If you wish to join, add this line to your signature.)Member of "Un-Ban nes8bit" association, UNA (to join put this in your sig)"C lets you shoot yourself in the foot rather easily. C++ allows you to reuse the bullet!"

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement