Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

awf

HLSL situation

I was reading through the June 10-11, 2003 ARB Meeting Notes and found out that the HLSL will be a officially supported extension in opengl 1.5. I''m confused with what this means. Does it mean that all cards that support opengl 1.5 will implement the HLSL or will it be optional? Also in the meeting notes, "3Dlabs notes that no current hardware can fully implement the shading language". What about the wildcatVP cards with the opengl2 drivers? Also if the wildcatVP cards are the only cards that support the HLSL can someone tell the specific feature that they have that Nvidia or ATI don''t?

"Extension in OpenGL 1.5" is confusing, it will be just an extension, and thus will be optional.

Current hardware (ATI, NV, 3Dlabs) can implement a subset of GLslang, but as stated by 3Dlabs no current hardware has full-featured support for GLslang.

i think the 1.5 release will be a failure.. they forgot about the superbuffers but had big topic about glslang..

superbuffers are needed NOW to make render to texture cross platform cross vendor easy and simple to use (and render to vertex/index buffer, and what ever, just working with those objects).

"take a look around" - limp bizkit
www.google.com