Ruby

Started by
1 comment, last by raistca 20 years, 8 months ago
I''m an absolute beginner when it comes to programming. I have been learning C++ for a while and have pretty much got the basics of that down (though i still struggle with classes and whatnot, and i still have not summoned the courage to get into the Win32 API or directx or any of that mess). Anyways, i was wondering what the possibilities for programming games with Ruby are in Windows. I was looking at the website and it seems to be an easier language to learn.
Two things: Life has no inherent meaning, and i hate people as a general rule. :)
Advertisement
I would suggest just sticking with C++. It''s not that hard once you get the grasp of classes and inheritence.

There''s no town drunk here, we all take turns.
Velocity Gaming Force
I''ve heard good things about Ruby, but I''ve not used it or its'' libraries so I can''t comment on how easy games will be. Python however is similarly ''easy to learn'' and has tonnes of useful libraries & bindings for libraries. You may well find it more useful to start with one of those languages and then pick up C++ when (if!) you start running into performance problems.

Up to you though, learning C++ first won''t hurt you but I''d plan on at least taking a good look at other languages at some point.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement