Wheel of Fortune !!!

Started by
5 comments, last by librab103 20 years, 8 months ago
I am going to make a more advance type of a word guessing game. More like Wheel of Fortune but not like it if you know what I mean. Anybody with source codes or ideas or suggestions are welcome!!! (friend) WHAT!!!!..... Are you crazy??? (me) Yes I am.
(friend) WHAT!!!!..... Are you crazy??? (me) Yes I am.
Advertisement
Are you going to make the "wheel" of fortune actually spin?? Or just pick a random thing??

BattleGuard

Only questions raise questions. Questions are raised by people, by curiousity, the gift of nature to all human beings. And curiosity is satisfied by answers, which in turn raise questions, which lead to answers. And this curiosity is what keeps SCIENCE alive...
Well I am using "C" at the momment... so that will be alot of coding to make the board spin. Something like this...

#include <stdio.h>int main(){	printf("*******\n");	printf("*  n  *\n");	printf("*******\n");return 0;}

And the "n" will be a random variable that has a range from 100 - 1000, with increments of 50

(friend) WHAT!!!!..... Are you crazy???
(me) Yes I am.

[edited by - librab103 on July 28, 2003 4:43:03 PM]
<< Anybody with source codes or ideas or suggestions are welcome!!! >>

Well, for a Wheel of Fortune you''re gonna have to store a lot of words and phrases and associate them with categories. Maybe as a plain text file, or as a resource inside the .EXE

You could use an array of ints with an equal array of strings or chars.

int category[1000];
string phrase[1000];

or char phrase[1000,50] for 1000 phrases of 50 chars each

I would have to look up string.h to refresh my memory. Manipulating strings is difficult in C/C++, if you did this in Visual Basic no problem. You''re gonna have to connect a category with a series of phrases, so the game can randomly select a category as a hint and have the person guess letters for the corresponding phrase (text). And the game will have to know what a vowel vs. a consonant is. A nice project, if you could make a wheel spin with sound even better.

Phil P
I don't even know how I am going to make the game... I am going through rough draft right now....

I am going to name the game something like "Name that Phase!!" or something. Any better names ???

(friend) WHAT!!!!..... Are you crazy???
(me) Yes I am.

[edited by - librab103 on July 28, 2003 10:58:56 PM]
why don''t yiu use winbgim, it will be easier to make the table spin.
i made one for school for my visual basic class. it had the spinning board and 3 players. well the board didn''t actually spin but needle in the middle of the board would spin.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement