Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bioagentX

Which do you use?

Hey BIO!! This is Chad from gameinstitute You don't get on aim much either... I think openGL is used more often because it's more portable than D3D. D3D also requires you to upgrade your versions and stuff. OpenGL user .

[edited by - SumDude on July 28, 2003 10:59:09 PM]

I've used both of them, but for my latest project(s) I use OpenGL, just beause it's platform independent.

U'dragon

Truly great madness cannot be achieved
without significant intelligence.

[edited by - udragon on July 29, 2003 8:41:26 AM]

OpenGL 90% of the time here. and if not, dx is often wrapped.. tinyptc, sdl, etc.. raw dx mainly just to play with it, get a feel of it, to just know it once i need to..

"take a look around" - limp bizkit
www.google.com

I use DirectX. The OpenGL forum is way down below the DirectX one in the top 10 forum stats. It's could be because DirectX is supposedly "harder" (in which case more people need help = more posts for the benefit of the unintelligible) or perhaps it's more popular. A lot of game programming books have OpenGL source though

I got beaten with a rubber chicken on GameDev.net!

[edited by - OOCCO on July 29, 2003 10:47:26 AM]

I was wanting to develop a class as a wrapper for both of them, but it isn't done yet. So I tend to focus on the OpenGL side, since I learned it first, and it isn't overblown with custom structures.

[edited by - Waverider on July 29, 2003 10:48:28 AM]