• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Multiple Copies of One Object

This topic is 5320 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Ok, i know this is gunna sound corney, but how do i take one structure, like CQVPyramid that defines a pyramid in model space, and make multiple copies in different locations? im thinking something like:
//psuedo code

g_pDevice->SetTranslationMatrix(...)
DrawFirstPyramid(...)
g_pDevice->SetSecondTranslationMatrix(...)
DrawSecondPyramid(...)
in the Init function. I tried this, but it came up with an error. Is this the right way and i just need to fiddle with it, or is there some other *magical* way that im not getting? Quantum

Advertisement
And just for reference, I believe you would want to set the World matrix (and DirectX supplies up to 256 of those, I believe, through the use of it''s D3DTS_WORLD() macro [<- check me on that macro, it''s in the SDK docs])

Chris Pergrossi
My Realm | "Good Morning, Dave"

Yay! Thanks. I tried to start the scene once in initialization, set the matrix, render, and then in the real render function do the same thing, becuase i thaught it would keep the position once it had been performed. My only thing, isnt it costly when i have scenes of 20+ objects, to change the matrix each time? or is it only changing the View Matrix that is costly? Oh, and does anyone know of a good Index Buffer Tutorial? In this project, im sorta just adding on stuff as i learn it... (bad in practice, but hey, it works for now) Ill post a snap shot of my game so far in the Your Announcement forum once i figure out how...

Quantum

• Advertisement