• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Void

The MIPMAP flag in Dx Cap == ??

This topic is 6543 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, Anyone has an idea what the MIPMAP flag in the DirectDraw->Caps->Surface Caps->MIPMAP cap means??? ..

Advertisement
err.. I think that is intuitive enough..

but what does that flag actually means?? The hardware supports auto generation of mipmaps or ..??

Yes I know of MSDN but it doesn''t quite explain what it does
This is from the MSDN about that mipmap flag (from surface7 caps)

DDSCAPS_MIPMAP
This surface is one level of a mipmap. This surface is attached to other DDSCAPS_MIPMAP surfaces to form the mipmap. This can be done explicitly by creating a number of surfaces and attaching them by using the IDirectDrawSurface7::AddAttachedSurface method, or implicitly by the CreateSurface method. If this capability is set, DDSCAPS_TEXTURE must also be set.

However, I don''t think this is what it means in the Surface Caps Bits in the DDraw Caps Viewer (comes with DX7 SDK).. Go fire up the DD Caps Viewer-> Driver->Driver Surface Caps -> MIPMAP

If it does, then it''s real freaky cause I cannot get D3DXCreateTextureFromFile to create mipmaps (there is no error reported) and the checkbox for MIPMAP is ticked...

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!