• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Keith P Parsons

Sticking a 3D model in OpenGl code.

This topic is 6568 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Advertisement
Well you got to make an Importer

The easiest thing is to make it by yourself,
I recommend .asc/.ase files for bagining

(Look at the export 3D studio Command)

Actually I believe that 3DExploration can export OpenGL drawing code. Never tried it though, i think it''s kinda cheap to let a program write code for you (It''s also good to learn how to parse files yourself!). I just export files as .ASC if i want an easy file to load. Check out http://www.xdsoft.com/explorer/ for a shareware version of 3DExploration. CHeers!

I''m currently working on a project that imports 3D Studio Max ASCII export files and displays them, allowing you to move around the scene. It doesn''t do everything, (I only started work a few days ago) but I do have geometry, basic lights, normals etc all working fine. The main shortcoming at this time is that it doesn''t do materials. If you are interested in the source code, email me...

Dalamax

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!