implicit conversion hell...

Started by
9 comments, last by null_pointer 23 years, 10 months ago
quote:Original post by null_pointer
mossmoss: Can you post that code that VC couldn''t handle? I''d like to see it. (just for fun )

The for loop stuff can easily be gotten around by doing this:

BTW, if you''re using VC professionally, you can disable the MS extensions, and doing that allows better standard support (as in supporting more features). That''s in the Project Settings dialog box somewhere.

On posting my source... Unfortunately, no, I cannot do that. I work for a game company and, aside from standard reasons for not posting code, this is probably the last place my company would want to see their property.

As far as the scoping, like I indicated in my previous few posts here, my sample itself may have been too simple to fail, but it is the crux of the problem in portions of our code library.

On the loop fix... Yes, that''s pretty much exactly what I''ve done, to add an extra scope around each loop. Or sometimes just to do it C-style and declare the loop variable in the enclosing scope.

Finally, on the MS extensions.... I''ve used MSVC for a while now, but haven''t probed all the depths of configurations. I''ll have to check that; thanks for the suggestions.

---- --- -- -
Blue programmer needs food badly. Blue programmer is about to die!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement