• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Resources for Linux TCP/IP programming in C++

This topic is 6539 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I just want to quickly ask if someone could direct me to some tutorials and stuff dealing with TCP/IP programming in C++ in Linux. Thanks.

Advertisement
try the man pages. typing 'man socket' should get you started, expecially if you check out the see also section at the bottom.
for protocol related, you can check out 'man tcp' and 'man udp'

Also, try the winsock 2 for games article here on gamedev for any other questions - winsock is pretty much identical to socket programming in linux.

saai

Edited by - saai on June 23, 2000 11:09:02 AM

The best resource for TCP/IP programming is TCP/IP Illustrated by Stevens (VOlume I covers protocols, Volume II covers socket programming in C).

Mark Collins (aka Nurgle)
me@thisisnurgle.org.uk

Or of course getting the late Mr. Steven''s Advance Programming in the UNIX environment also has lots of stuff on socket and IPC programming stuff.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!