• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Visual C Question

This topic is 6541 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

WARNING! This is going to be a large post! I have a question that deals purely with MSVC. No OpenGL knowledge needed. I am trying to set up a OBJ loader in my little engine. However, when I start loading the variables into memory I get lots of nasty errors! Here is a quick section of the code... typedef struct { float vert[3]; } vert3d; typedef struct { // other variables in here vert3d *vertex; } mesh; class Object { public: Load(char *filename); Draw(); private: mesh *Mesh; }; Object::Load(char *filename) { // Open file, count verticies, etc. Mesh = (mesh*) malloc(sizeof (mesh)); Mesh->vertex = (vert3d*) malloc(sizeof(vert3d) * numberofverts); while (!feof (File)) { fscanf (File, "%s", line); if (line[0] == ''v'' && line[1] == ''\0'') { fscanf (File, "%f %f %f", // <--This is where I &Mesh->vertex[verts].vert[0], // run into problems &Mesh->vertex[verts].vert[1], &Mesh->vertex[verts].vert[2]); verts++; } } } Did you catch all that? If you would like too look at the full source just E-mail me. Anyways, If anyone understood that, could you please tell me what I did wrong!!! ----------------------------- Blue*Omega (Insert Witty Quote Here)

Advertisement
What kind of errors do you get? If its the standard memory error I would recommend to recheck all the memory accesses. One thing that sounds strange is that you use "&Mesh->", but Mesh is already a pointer, so put away the "&"!
What I don''t understand is why you are using a pointer to a mesh in your class, why not simply a mesh?
btw did you store floats in the file? Which format do you use? And why is there a "v\0" in every line you check for?

hope any of these helps!
tell me about it!

pi~

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!