• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

avi files

This topic is 6454 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have an avi file I want to play as the intro to my game. How do a I do this in DirectX ? If I can''t or if it would be easier to do it with Normal Win32 Programming, how would I do that ? I go the book Teach Yourself Visual C++ in 24 days but it doesn''t tell anywhere in it how to play avi files...... Anybody got a clue ? I hope it is just some simple function call but if you could shed some light on the subject then it is much aprecieated..... "Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time" - Monty Python and the Holy Grail themGames Productions

Advertisement
Look at the AVI functions on msdn, like AVIFileOpen.

For a good time hit Alt-F4! Go ahead try it, all the cool people are doing it.

mciSendString() might work... but you wanted it in a game... so.. uhm.. why dont you create your own lib for playing AVI files.. it''d be easy.. just get the description for the AVI file format (try wot''s it format website.. dunno the URL)... then just read the header structure and go read the images from there...

mciSendString uses the AVI file functions. Its obivious that you didn''t look at them.

msdn.microsoft.com. Just search for AVIFileOpen

• Advertisement