Access Violation

Started by
4 comments, last by Esap1 23 years, 10 months ago
My OpenGL program has been running fine with my Voodoo2. I took the 3dfx driver, renamed it to OpenGL.dll, and put it in the programs directory, and Everything ran great. Then I tried to write my own Matrix Library, I ran the Program with my Matrix Library and it said [OpenGL.dll] Access Violation So I changed it back and took out my Matrix code, and I still get the same error. What does this mean??
Advertisement
I have now figured out that when I take the Voodoo2 driver out of the Programs directory it runs fine. Also, Quake3 will now not run and gives an error when setting up OpenGL stuff, I dont know what happened, how could my program mess up My Voodoo2 Drivers, anyone have any ideas???
Did you reboot after the access violation?
Sometimes a program crashes & bails out so fast files get left open, and if often crappy coders lock read access even though they don''t need to... (not that I''ve ever done that :-)
- The trade-off between price and quality does not exist in Japan. Rather, the idea that high quality brings on cost reduction is widely accepted.-- Tajima & Matsubara
Ive rebooted tons of time(about 12). Same thing. Any ideas?
Someone must have ideas(is this not a catchy title?).
You put the file back into the window/system folder, of course? If so, it sounds like the file(s) is corrupt. Did you try looking in device manager to see if there are any problems with your video card or drivers? Even if it doesn''t say there are problems, there still could be some. In device manger, like alot of other things in Windows (and computers in general), if it reports something bad, that tells you something. If it says everyting is "OK", then that tells you nothing. Anyway, I would try removing your video card from device manager and have it re-detect which would (or should I said should) overwrite all the video card driver files with good copies. Hope you have the original driver files somewhere. If not, you could always download them.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement