Database Techniques

Started by
1 comment, last by Chris Hare 20 years, 8 months ago
When using MS Access or something similar, how would MS Access handle the records? Say the fields of a record, rep CRecord, can be of type integer, real and string, would an instance of CRecord contain a pointer to each type of possible field and allocate as many fields as necessary or what? Wouldn''t that be wasteful if only an integer were required or something? An what about the relationships between the fields? Links would be appreciated. Wizza Wuzza?
Advertisement

I assume that you are using MFC class to access your database?
Let's say we have a table named Players, who have some fields like PlayerID, PlayerName, login and password. the CPlayer MFC class would have a property for each fields. The CPlayer class can be used to access only one row at a time (one set of fields for one player). You can use the MoveNext method to move to the next row.

Considering that my name is a base 62 number, how would you write it in base 32 according that we use
"0123456789ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz"
as our symbols?

[edited by - Valrandir on August 5, 2003 1:30:51 AM]
Considering that my name is a base 62 number, how would you write it in base 32 according that we use"0123456789ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz"as our symbols?
A mlot of people use Visual BASIC for databases. Use MFC probaly. I have no clue. A book I have from the library has some stuff on this. I will check it and tell you later on.

Scott Simontis
Big Joke: C#
Scott SimontisMy political blog

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement