Opening a Dialog Box from a Dll (Without hInst)

Started by
3 comments, last by Xgkkp 20 years, 1 month ago
I want to open an status dialog box from my Dll (For GDarena) but I''m encountering a problem. I''m getting the Instance handle from
HMODULE hInst = GetModuleHandle(NULL); 
but when I call:
hDialog = CreateDialog(hInst, (LPCTSTR)IDD_BOTINFO, NULL, &BotDialog); 
It gives the error ''The specified resource name cannot be found in the image file''. How can I fix this?
Advertisement
Oh yeah, There is also Definitely a resource Dialog called IDD_BOTINFO. Any Suggestions?
Use the HINSTANCE given to you in DllMain, GetModuleHandle will give you the .exe instance.
I''m having the same problem, only i''m using a static library. Using NULL gives: "The specified resource name cannot be found in the image file", and using GetModuleHandle(NULL) or GetCurrentProcess() gives: "The specified image file did not contain a resource section." and i can''t use DllMain() since it''s not a dll.
I''m having the same problem, only i''m using a static library. Using NULL gives: "The specified resource name cannot be found in the image file", and using GetModuleHandle(NULL) or GetCurrentProcess() gives: "The specified image file did not contain a resource section." and i can''t use DllMain() since it''s not a dll.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement