sources from internet

Started by
5 comments, last by wilhil 20 years, 8 months ago
another very noob question from me. The only programs i can build in visual studio are ones that i make myself, whenever i get a source from the itnernet that says it is all ready just download the code and you can build it, I download, extract to a folder, and when i open the project file, it asks if i want to convert the file or whatever the message is, i click yes and then when the file is open i click build and it always fails, what am i doing wrong, I am using windows xp pro Visual studio .net 2003 if you need any other info just tell me Thanks >wil<
>wilhil<
Advertisement
Maybe you have to include libraries ?
Maybe you are either compiling an old project like a VC6 project compiling in a VC7 compiler or the project files are corrupt but usually Ive heard that VC6 projects may not work in VC7 projects, but I might be wrong.

- BlueDev BlueDev Net

[edited by - BlueDev on August 5, 2003 1:53:34 PM]
[/quote]
as i said i have never been able to get anything i download to work

i think i may bew doing it wrong, what happens is i simply open up the file that has the big multi coloured infinity symbol, and then the message it brings up is would you like to convert this file i can not remember exactly but it is the normal convertion box, i click the yes to all button and then i click build and it comes up saying 1 error and that is it. everything does not work and i have no idea how to fix it or what i am doing worng as i am new to c ++

any help is needed, and please speak simple, i am technically minded but i am new to c!

thanks

>wil<
>wilhil<
What are the errors?

How appropriate. You fight like a cow.
Get the exact text of all dialogs you see and post it here.

Also post the _exact_ text of the error you get when you build.

Also post the URL to this code you''ve downloaded.

Maybe then someone will have enough information to help you out.
can one of you just give me a link to any source that is fully ready for compiling, that i can just unzip and launch, and i will post all the text i get
>wilhil<

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement