Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Simple Windows Library

This topic is 5242 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Can anyone give me a simple window library you made? I just want a simple library so I could learn how to make a library. These are the stuff that I want inside: 1. Filling in a client with a color 2. Writing color text And thats it. Since I am very new to Win32 programming, I don''t need advance stuff. Actually, having advance stuff inside will confuse me.
WiseElben.com - Game programming tutorials, articles, and community. E-mail:wiseelben@wiseelben.com AIM: WiseElben ICQ: 299127026 [edited by - GameDev Staff on September 27, 1989 9X:58:97 XMS] For violating Article 43 Page 456 Paragraph 251 Line .042

quote:
Original post by WiseElben
Can anyone give me a simple window library you made? I just want a simple library so I could learn how to make a library.

These are the stuff that I want inside:
1. Filling in a client with a color
2. Writing color text

And thats it. Since I am very new to Win32 programming, I don''t need advance stuff. Actually, having advance stuff inside will confuse me.

WiseElben.com - Game programming tutorials, articles, and community.

E-mail:wiseelben@wiseelben.com
AIM: WiseElben

[edited by - GameDev Staff on September 27, 1989 9X:58:97 XMS] For violating Article 43 Page 456 Paragraph 251 Line .042

do you want something like this

#include "madewindow.h"

int WINAPI WinMain(HINSTANCE hinstance, HINSTANCE hprev, LPSTR cmdline, int ShowCMD)
{
WindowObj window;
window.CreateWindow(...whatever, specify widht/height..etc);
window.SetText(..whatever);
window.MoveText(..whatever);

return 0;
}

do you want something along does lines? Where you instantiated
a class and basically make a few function calls that''ll create
the window for you?

no theory`

quote:
Original post by WiseElben
Yup. So I won''t have to rewrite everything every single time.

[edited by - GameDev Staff on September 27, 1989 9X:58:97 XMS] For violating Article 43 Page 456 Paragraph 251 Line .042

Alright, i''ll email it to you a little later

no theory`

You know that RS_Hybrid is writing a Win32 lib from scrath for us?

EDIT: Village Specialton, take out the part about C# in your sig. If you don't like Microsoft, start using Unix, don't use Visual Studio or Visual C++, don't play any DirectX games, return your P4, don't use IE (I use Mozzila Firebird), and let many people with cancer die. Bill Gates donate $1,000,000 (I think it was $1 million) to cancer organizations.

EDIT2: Edit the edit.

[edited by - GameDev Staff on September 27, 1989 9X:58:97 XMS] For violating Article 43 Page 456 Paragraph 251 Line .042]

[edited by - WiseElben on August 5, 2003 6:02:17 PM]

[edited by - WiseElben on August 5, 2003 6:02:43 PM]