Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Caroline_M

Microsoft MASM?

Anyone know where I can download Microsoft MASM? I have seen umpteen links to Microsoft''s site but the links no longer work and a search is proving fruitless. Thanks, Caroline M.

Thanks, i did see that website but i wasn''t sure if that was the right program or not. I''m trying to build Quake 1 and I don''t have a clue about such things - I just read in the readme that I need masm :-)

Caroline M.

Let us know how you get on with it (I''ve got the Quake 2 source here somewhere...); sounds like fun.

--hellz

Well I''ve now successfully built it. It was quite easy actually as they conveniently provide a VC6 project and workspace with everything ready to go. All I needed to do with masm is put a link to the exe in the bin directory for VS.

However, i can''t do much with it as I don''t have Quake installed on my HD so of course if I try to run it, it winges about not finding gfx.wad

Better go dig it out...

Caroline M.

lol, although I''ve got a lot of other things to be getting on with, you''re strongly tempting me to build Quake 2 and Duke Nukem 3D.

Incidentally, if you can''t find the .wad file, I think there''s a file called stdquake.wad available on fileplanet. I could be wrong, but I think that''s the right one.

--hellz