When it comes to modeling, I'm a total n00b so I need your help.

Started by
10 comments, last by Ekim_Gram 20 years, 8 months ago
I'm thinking of going into 3D modeling so can somebody point me in the right direction of some tutorials? I've got the trial version of Blender and I'm thinking of getting the learning edition of Maya. There's no town drunk here, we all take turns. Velocity Gaming Force EDIT: I meant to say Milkshape 3D but I also have Blender. [edited by - Ekim_Gram on August 5, 2003 6:44:38 PM]
Advertisement
Enrico Valenza has some good Blender tutorials right here, including a good one (Modelling Bongo) on extrusion modelling.

For a Blender site with a Star Trek twist, you can try here.

There is some basic stuff on animation at BlenderChar.

B@rt has some tutes at this place.

And most importantly, you can find a whole bunch of tutorials if you know how to use this magnificent site right here.

Good luck

Josh
vertexnormal AT email DOT com

Check out Golem at:
My cheapass website
Go to www.blender.org. They have the 2.0 manual for FREE. Its the best place to start. After that, then you can tryout some different tutorials for specific aspects of Blender.
i don''t know anything about blender. never used it. and i don''t know anything about the maya learning edition because i have the full version, but if it comes with the same help files, that''s really all you need.
ill find me a soapbox where i can shout it
Well, being 15 I doubt that I''d be about to come up with $2000 to get Maya. But I know how to get all the verticies and everything so your not insulting me.

There''s no town drunk here, we all take turns.
Velocity Gaming Force
Oh, yeah, I forgot this one. By a fellow called The Hobbit Guy. I''m not entirely certain what application he uses (I don''t recognize the screenshots) but the principles are sound.

Josh
vertexnormal AT email DOT com

Check out Golem at:
My cheapass website
It looks like he''s using Maya. But that tutorial is for high poly animation style models. A better box modeling tutorial for games is at http://www.3dtotal.com/team/Tutorials/IGI_tut/IGI_tut.asp.
You won''t believe it! I just got back from a garage sale that I saw on the way home from my girlfriend''s and the guy was selling Maya 5.0 Unlimited for $100!!! So I picked it up so now, can anybody lead me to some very beginner Maya tutorials?

There''s no town drunk here, we all take turns.
Velocity Gaming Force
Maya PLE is easy, free, and teaches my favorite modeler. I like GMAX for fujn. Milkshape 3D is a full editor for only 25 USD. I model in my free time. I am not sure if I will become a modeler or a graphics programmer.

Scott Simontis
Big Joke: C#
Scott SimontisMy political blog
for all things 3d, they give away the best video traning for free!!! and the forums are very helpful, they have stuff for all mager apps, starting at the very beginer level, if you can use word or even notepad, you know enuf to go to tthis site, sounds to good to be rue, and it is

www.3dbuzz.com

if you can't learn from that site, your not trying.

[edited by - headshot on August 6, 2003 9:41:06 PM]
i am god!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement