• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cow_in_the_well

Stack over flow on a function call

This topic is 6539 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Advertisement
You really need to show a little more code in order for me to help. My questions to you would be:

Is this in any template function/class?
What is the routine calling it? ( Is the recursion there? )

The snippet you show doesn''t really cause any problems that I can think of. I can''t imagine any condition that would cause those 3 lines to chunder on you by themselves alone.

goodluck

okay...its not called recursively. its called when you press L and it displays an Open Dialog. its not in a class.
i don''t understand it either cause it was working previously, then i changed a few things that are independant of this function and it started showing this error.

-----------------------------
-cow_in_the_well

http://cowswell.gda.ods.org/

Unwind your callstack and look for bugs prior to the exception instead of the point in which it is thrown. That''s all the advice I can give so far. Anyone else?

YAP YFIO,
deadlinegrunt

I think the compiler is lying to you. (Don''t laugh it happens!)
Try creating a new project and executing that code with as little extra stuff as needed... and see if it still blows up

Make sure you aren''t useing a bad pointer or exceeding the bounds on an array, and writing to bad memory location somewhere else in the code.. this will produce ramdom errors as such.

Just a thought...
RanXacT

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!