A Newbie here needs some help!

Started by
1 comment, last by BizzyBee 20 years, 8 months ago
Hello everybody, I am new on this fourm and I am new to Visual Basic 6.0 too! So please bear with me, I dont have much knowledge in programming language. The intention of using VB6 is for me to create my own program. Umm... It''s going to be hard for me to explain it in words but I will give my best. Anyway, what I was trying to build is a type of Aircraft instrument panel that comes in seprate computer of course using HUB server or some type of computer links program. And using visual basic would be a good oppournity for me to create a program that can use aircraft instrument panel. For example if I am able to draw or get the picture like gauges, I could get that display of needle movement on one of each montiors as "client", And displaying that needle movement would be much rather for me to have it windowless to avoid any framerates. Whlist the monitor as server runs a game program which is called "Microsoft Flight Simulator 2002". And this one would be used for external view without any indication of airspeed, alitude and etc... But the only problem is, I am unable to find any information on any webpages, I am unable to find information from the book I bought "programming microsoft visual basic 6.0", I am unable to get to know what type of form that can get what I wanted. But I was told that it could be a form called Active X and that wasn''t determined to be sure if this is the correct type of form. So, can anyone help me out finding information or sharing out some suggestion on what I ned to do creating a program of my own?? Let me know -Arthur
-Arthur
Advertisement
Wha..what??

Josh
vertexnormal AT email DOT com

Check out Golem at:
My cheapass website
Yes, you can use ActiveX controls to get access to custom components and funcitonality similar to other programs. I don''t know what sort of ActiveX control comes with MS Flight Simulator, but if there is one then you have to figure out what functionality it has that you would like to use. It sounds like you want to create a setup so the the flight instruments and view out the window span multiple displays (sort of a mini CAVE). I would advise you to start on a simpler project, or get with someone who has programming experience to help you. This is not a project for beginners.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement