C/C++

Started by
55 comments, last by little_red_warrior 20 years, 8 months ago
I am learning c++ but it all still seems like a whole lot of gibbrish to me. Should i learn C first? «—Ļĩŧŧłę–Ŗęđ–ЩдґґÎðr—»
«—Ļĩŧŧłę–Ŗęđ–ЩдґґÎðr—»
Advertisement
No. C is generally harder to read.
-~-The Cow of Darkness-~-
OH, O.K

«—Ļĩŧŧłę–Ŗęđ–ЩдґґÎðr—»
«—Ļĩŧŧłę–Ŗęđ–ЩдґґÎðr—»
<< Should i learn C first? >>

I say yes. C++ is just C with classes. You don''t need to master classes, or even program with them. Lamothe is straight C, Carmack (Doom, Quake) is straight C.

Phil P
But if you learn C first you''ll have to break some habits. You''ll understand C++ soon enough. Some things you don''t need to understand to write a good program but it''ll help if you do. Just don''t worry about it too much, everything will fall into place in time.

There''s no town drunk here, we all take turns.
Velocity Gaming Force
So what is it, yes or no?
«—Ļĩŧŧłę–Ŗęđ–ЩдґґÎðr—»
I say learn c++, c is harder to read like cows said and classes aren''t a bad thing to have around even if you don''t really need them.
The monkeys are listening...
Any language is going to seem like jibberish when you are first learning it. Since C and C++ are to different languages it really doesn''t matter which you learn first. Since you started with C++ you might as well stick with it.

And why exactly is C harder to read? Seems perfectly fine for me. Perhaps you are just trying to read code from the IOCCC?

Qui fut tout, et qui ne fut rien
Invader''s Realm
I suggest you stick with C++ since you already started learning it. C and C++ are quite similar in a way that they have the same structure.So, that''s it. Stick with C++.
Flamers are worst than Newbies
IMHO i think you would pick up more bad habits by learning C first, so just stick with C++. C++ is, afterall, a language in its own right. You dont have to go past the first line of a program to find a differenec between the 2 languages, e.g. main() in C is not the same as main() in C++, in C () means an unspecified amount of parameters iirc, in c++ it means no parameters. Little things like that can lead to confusion when you start mixing the two.

[edited by - quant on August 6, 2003 5:56:24 AM]
-keyboard

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement