Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jmhill2

GetBackBuffer directx 9

jmhill2    122
hey guys, i''m trying to load a bitmap from a file, i first get the bitmap header info, then create a plain surface, use loadsurfacefromfile to load the image, and then i want to copy this surface to the backbuffer, but when i do i run into problems, the compiler says that the GetBackBuffer routine is undeclared. I have included the following headers & libs: d3d9.h,d3dx9.h,dxerr9.h, i''m using vc++6 and I have add the libs to the linker path. I can''t figure why its not recognizing the function, what gives???? thanks /*code snip*/ int cSurface::CopySurfaceToBackBuffer(cDirectX * directX){ HRESULT result; IDirect3DSurface9* pBackBuffer = NULL; /*get pointer to back buffer*/ result = GetBackBuffer( <---error 0,0,D3DBACKBUFFER_TYPE_MONO,&pBackBuffer); if(FAILED(result)) return 0; /*copy bitmap between surfaces*/ result = directX->g_pd3dDevice->StretchRect(Surface,NULL,pBackBuffer,NULL,D3DTEXF_NONE); if(FAILED(result)) return 0; return 1; } /*end code snip*/ "Genius is rare because the means of becoming one has not been made commonly available."

Boogiemike    122
Hi!

You should call the function like this:

if( SUCCEEDED( m_pd3dDevice->GetBackBuffer( 0, 0, D3DBACKBUFFER_TYPE_MONO, &pBackbuffer) ) )
{
// Process your code here

// Release BackBuffer to prevent from memory leaks

pBackbuffer->Release();
}

Hope it helps.

jmhill2    122
thanks, I don''t know why i didn''t try that, funny thing is the book I''m going over "Direct 3D programming QuickStart" shows it as an independant function. hmmmm.