GetBackBuffer directx 9

Started by
1 comment, last by jmhill2 20 years, 8 months ago
hey guys, i''m trying to load a bitmap from a file, i first get the bitmap header info, then create a plain surface, use loadsurfacefromfile to load the image, and then i want to copy this surface to the backbuffer, but when i do i run into problems, the compiler says that the GetBackBuffer routine is undeclared. I have included the following headers & libs: d3d9.h,d3dx9.h,dxerr9.h, i''m using vc++6 and I have add the libs to the linker path. I can''t figure why its not recognizing the function, what gives???? thanks /*code snip*/ int cSurface::CopySurfaceToBackBuffer(cDirectX * directX){ HRESULT result; IDirect3DSurface9* pBackBuffer = NULL; /*get pointer to back buffer*/ result = GetBackBuffer( <---error 0,0,D3DBACKBUFFER_TYPE_MONO,&pBackBuffer); if(FAILED(result)) return 0; /*copy bitmap between surfaces*/ result = directX->g_pd3dDevice->StretchRect(Surface,NULL,pBackBuffer,NULL,D3DTEXF_NONE); if(FAILED(result)) return 0; return 1; } /*end code snip*/ "Genius is rare because the means of becoming one has not been made commonly available."
"Genius is rare because the means of becoming one has not been made commonly available."
Advertisement
Hi!

You should call the function like this:
if( SUCCEEDED( m_pd3dDevice->GetBackBuffer( 0, 0, D3DBACKBUFFER_TYPE_MONO, &pBackbuffer) ) ){// Process your code here// Release BackBuffer to prevent from memory leakspBackbuffer->Release();}

Hope it helps.
thanks, I don''t know why i didn''t try that, funny thing is the book I''m going over "Direct 3D programming QuickStart" shows it as an independant function. hmmmm.
"Genius is rare because the means of becoming one has not been made commonly available."

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement