Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Simple wheel rotation question.

This topic is 5246 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have a wheel on screen with numbers. Something like wheel of fortune. It''s divided into 32 areas (32 numbers) with same width of 11.25 degrees It starts to spin at constant speed 8 degrees each 20 ms (that''s the timer time). So it''s 400 degrees per second. I need to slow it down in couple (let''s say X) of seconds and stop on specific number. Let''s say i''m at number 18 right now and i need to slow it down and stop on number 3. So the slowdown path will be 551,25 degrees ((32-18)+3+32). 32 is an extra 1 loop rotation for smoother stop So now i need to find a number to decelerate the wheel each 20ms. From 8 degrees per 20 ms to 0 degrees... That has to do something with mechanics or angular rotation. But it was long time ago so i can''t remember anything. The problem is that I can change value only EACH 20 ms. Else I have the formula: v^2 = u^2 + 2*a*s u = initial velocity, v = velocity, a = acceleration, t = time, s = displacement (distance) So it will be 0^2 = 400^2 + 2*a*551,25 But when it comes to slowing down only 50 times a second this thing doesn''t work because of non-uniform deceleration. Here comes something like s = u*t + 0.5a * t*t But I can''t understand it. If somebody can take a look here: http://members.iglou.com/homepages/johnj/universetogalileo.html and explain it to me... Thanks in advance.