• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

3D Studio MAX 3.1

This topic is 6440 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

This isn''t really OpenGL related but 3DS is commonly used to make models for OpenGL games. I would like to know if anyone can recommend any good books on learning 3D Studio MAX 3.1, I am looking for a book that scales from beginner to advanced. I want to learn how to make my own models and do some of the cool effects. Thanks, Jason A. --- I write code.

Advertisement
Hi.
There are severall books for 3dsmaxR3.
I would recomend the inside Inside 3D Studio MAX 3 or 3D Studio MAX R3 Bible. They are pretty expensive but I say it is worth it.
And of course do the tutorials that comes with max. Do them and you should have no problems what so ever constructing your own masterpieces.. :-)

All computerbooks are expensive

Buy inside 3DStudio max, buy part 1 if you are a beginner, and buy 2 or 3 aswell, one of them has info about lowpolygon meshes for games, and LOD

Thanks for the replies, I will probably pick up Inside 3D Studio MAX, looks like a good book

Jason A.

---
I write code.

hey, also if you want to increase your skills check out (if you haven''t yet seen) www.3dcafe.com . you should be able to find alot under free tutorials.
there are also many good links to 3d sites at
www.raph.com/3dartists
in the links section.

hope this helps you...do check them out.

ttyl
-mike

Or if you want online help. Enter Irc, undernet and #3dmax.
The ppl there are allways willing to help you out if there is anything you wanna know. (they helped me alot a year ago). Some of them are realy good 3d artists.

Edited by - khorn on June 29, 2000 7:15:34 AM

Check out www.3DCafe.com they have some great 3DSMAX tutorials (or at least they used to), I have purchased too many books on 3D Studio Max, and they all suck. My advice is just to learn through tutorials on the web. try www.3Dark.com, Its been a long time since I used Max, so I don''t know if any of my old websites I used to frequent are still around. If you need any other links email me

• Advertisement