The Best Game of All Time Is...

Started by
76 comments, last by farmersckn 23 years, 9 months ago
i would have to say quake2.
that game had me hooked for years...
Advertisement
to AtypicalAlex: Any game that is accessable via the game, but not the command line, is considered built in by my standards. On a side note, has anyone every completely did everything in Maniac Mansion. I think that was the longest adventure game but also the shortest cause you can beat it quickly or just do everything you can think of (Like publishing a book ;-) ).

Privateer for some reason only runs in DOS mode, which really sucks. Terimus is supposed to be just like privateer, but it has too real of a physics model which sorta takes the fun out of hopping in and killing the merchants and selling them into slavery. ;-)
I have wasted (I mean, ummm, used) the most time on these games, probably in about this order:

1)Warcraft II
2)Starcraft (rapidly catching up with Warcraft)
3)Subspace
4)NBA Jam for Sega Genesis
5)MegaMania (for Atari, could be my favorite game of all time)
6)X-Wing vs. Tie Fighter
7)Hardball 5

You''ll notice that there really aren''t any RPG or adventure games up there. That is because I normally only play these games once or twice through. A couple of my favorite RPG''s/Adventure games:

1)Zelda 64
2)Chrono Trigger
3)The Legend of Zelda
4)Space Quest

Still, my absolute favorite game of all time is. . .POKEMON! (NO! I''m just kidding, I don''t even like Pokemon. Man, for a second there I could feel the flames coming.)

Anyhow, this I''m serious about, I don''t like FPS. I''m sorry guys, they just aren''t fun for me. Don''t get me wrong, I will play Half-Life or Quake once in a while, but I get bored of them pretty quick. If you want to call Descent a FPS, then that is probably my favorite game from this genre.
Mortal Kombat II is the best, most balanced arcade fighter of all time.
I used to worship Ed Boon and John Tobias...I think Kombat is what made me choose the path of the game developer.

Killer Instinct, Marvel vs. Capcom, and MK1 are great as well.
Bionic Commando is my favorite NES.
DOOM & DOOM II, Wolfenstien3D, and Commander Keen are PC classics.
Tron Deadly Discs is the best Intellivision game.
(I wanna make a clone of it, that would be a nice project).

I can''t choose just 1 game, that''s "unpossible".
I bet if I did have just one favorite though, it would have to be some kind of ninja game, damn I love ninjas

When life hands you lemons, throw them at God's head.
PC: Half-Life and TFC
Console: Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Derek
Derek
The Games i''ve spent playing and replaying are :DOOM(I+II), Half-Life,Quake2, All Zeldas (I''m playing Link''s Awakening right now), FF3, and XCom.

I also loved the Megaman series on the old NES. Sure after 2 they got kinda easy, but man were they fun to play.
Here are my all-time favs:

C64:
M.U.L.E and Defender of the Crown!!!
And hey, both BC and Moon Patrol rocked.

Amiga:
Pirates, Super Frog, Empire!

Mega Drive/Genesis:
Nhlpa Hockey 93!

Snes:
Chrono Trigger!

PC:
Indy4, Countdown, Fifa96!
Starflight.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement