DX9 files to download

Started by
25 comments, last by 2DamnFunky 20 years, 8 months ago
hi there, i need to get access to only a few libary files from the sdk and associated header files such as dinput.h/lib etc and as im on a 56k modem i really dont want to download the full sdk (It takes around 2 hours on broad band so im not going to bother with the modem). Is there anywhere hosting the individual modules? I chekced microsofts download section and it just seemed to offer the full package. Any info appreciated
Advertisement
I Zipped it, It''s 6.4 MB, I will upload a link soon
How appropriate, you fight like a cow!
www.icarusindie.com in the DevZone you can download just the files from any of the SDKs you want. It requires an All Access Pass which is $1 for 30 days.

Currenty the server is down due to Qwest being run by incompetent boobs who can''t do their job. It should be back up later today.

Ben

[ IcarusIndie.com | recycledrussianbrides.com ]

KalvinB - (to Jessika) do you accept Jesus as your lord and savior

Jessika - Sure I can accept all forms of payment.
OR YOU CAN WAIT 30 MINUTES UNTIL MY UPLOAD WILL BE COMPLETED...
quote:Original post by KalvinB
www.icarusindie.com in the DevZone you can download just the files from any of the SDKs you want. It requires an All Access Pass which is $1 for 30 days.

Currenty the server is down due to Qwest being run by incompetent boobs who can''t do their job. It should be back up later today.

Ben

I don''t really like services which you have to pay for. Even if they''re cheap.

.lick
Here it''s.
I hope this is all what you need... it''s basicly the bin and lib folders from the DX9 SDK.
Enjoy
"I don''t really like services which you have to pay for. Even if they''re cheap."

Don''t you just hate it when department stores don''t let you walk out with merchandise you didn''t pay for?

This will obviously come as a shock but it costs money to offer services and that money has to come from somewhere.

I don''t care to spend hundreds or thousands of dollars a month just so you can have something for "free."

Unfortunatly for you everyone bitches about ads too and do everything in their power to make sure web-sites can''t profit from those either. Ads havn''t been a viable source of income since 1996. Since I hate ads anyway, I opted for the "customer pays" approach which all major sites are now doing. If you don''t want to pay then go "shop" somewhere else or hope you run into a "here today, gone tommorrow" server.

Welcome to the year 2003.

Ben

The other problem with temp servers is that their owners tend to not bother (or are just completely clueless about how to set things up) to check to see that their files can actually be downloaded.

Which in this case, they can''t because Lycos doesn''t do remote linking for anything. You need a link on your Lycos site to the files.

Ben
If I''d want to pay for something, I''d go out. I wouldn''t be on the net. Why would you pay for something that you can''t even physically touch.

.lick
"Why would you pay for something that you can''t even physically touch."

Hmmm...which one:

A) Oh, you''ve met the bandwidth fairy, too!

B) Yeah, like a domain name, an internet connection, cable, a movie, concerts, sporting events, insurance, etc etc. Paying for things you can''t touch is so silly.

C) Then I guess you don''t need those files then. You can''t touch them so they have no value.

Your objection is moot anyway since, as I said, all major websites are starting to charge the customers and people are paying. GameDev is going to a subscription model as well. There is exactly no other alternative.

You can bitch about it all you want but this is the way the real world works. And looking at the success I''ve had with subcriptions it''s not going to change. I can just imagine how much very large sites are making.

Ben

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement