C# and Managed DX9 Redistributables

Started by
2 comments, last by Telamon 20 years, 8 months ago
I have a C# program that uses managed DX9. What redistributables is the end user going to require? I know they will need the .Net Framework v1.1 - is there a separate redistributable for managed DirectX? I haven''t found one on Microsoft''s website, but I someone mentioned in a post I read someplace a while back. Is the 1.1 .Net Framework preinstalled on any Windows systems?

Shedletsky's Bits: A Blog | ROBLOX | Twitter
Time held me green and dying
Though I sang in my chains like the sea...

Advertisement
No, the 1.1 .Net Framework isn''t preinstalled on any Windows system. Maybe it''ll be in the future.

But the needed redistributable for managed DirectX and framework are surely on microsoft''s site. Look again.

I''m not sure about this, but if you installed the SDK, the redistributable could maybe be placed in a folder where you installed the SDK. Again, i''m not sure about this one, it''s only common to have that.

good luck!
Go here...

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/downloads/list/directx.asp?frame=true

Of all the things that I have lost, it is my mind that I miss the most!
Of all the things that I have lost, it is my mind that I miss the most!
quote:Original post by misterX
No, the 1.1 .Net Framework isn''t preinstalled on any Windows system. Maybe it''ll be in the future.

It''s preinstalled on Windows 2003 Server. Not a lot of gamers using that, though.

Longhorn will bundle the framework. There''s already been a screenshot out showing Windows Explorer as a managed application.
--AnkhSVN - A Visual Studio .NET Addin for the Subversion version control system.[Project site] [IRC channel] [Blog]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement