I feel quite stupid asking this...

Started by
21 comments, last by TheNerd Tk421 20 years, 8 months ago
quote:Original post by TheNerd Tk421
40: NULL);

I have no idea why it''s giving you this error... but I''m looking at my source code and notice that I always put HWND_DESKTOP where you put the first NULL in that function call.. I don''t think this will help at all but it''s worth a try

quote:
45:return EXIT_FAILURE;

EXIT_FAILURE is not defined... try just returning 0.. I don''t think it will hurt... much
Advertisement
go to http://lonecoyote.home.mindspring.com/win32programming_01.html
so you can see the structure of the:

typedef struct __WNDCLASSEX
{
...;
}WNDCLASSEX;

There are a few fields that you have not defined ... try filling them in, they may not be any defaults set for these fields so set values for all of them.

View the world as i create it

[edited by - boysket on August 8, 2003 6:09:42 PM]
View the world as i program it
Since you've posted in the beginner forum and are just trying to draw a background picture in your program, i would rather advice you to have a look to GDI, it's quite simple and easy to use, not so fast but it has all u need!

Why? It's incorporated to windows, so no need to had other libs or include files instead of what you need to make a windows program! And it's much more easy to use than DirectDraw,Direct3D,OpenGL,... It's a really good place to start!

This is one of the games i made with it!

[edited by - remi on August 9, 2003 5:42:31 AM]
"...and we all know what "undefined" means: it means it works during development, it works during testing, and it blows up in your most important customers' faces."----------Scott Meyers, "Effective C++"

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement