Quake3 BSP Tress

Started by
8 comments, last by Verminaard 23 years, 10 months ago
Anyone know where to find any good information on quake 3 bsp trees?
-------------I am a Juggalo.
Advertisement
I believe that the only ''good'' information you will find is in the source of the Q3-clone engines. They are called Aftershock, Golk, and Titan. I don''t have access to the URLs right now, but if you do a search with the names, you should find them. I think Aftershock was at http://www.planetquake.com/aftershock (Check out bsp.h and bsp.c, some good stuff there).

Ciao,

MK42
I code a q3-viewer myself and a really good doc was written by Keoka Proudfoot but I don´t have the link right now.If you go to OpenGl.Org and look into the q3-thread in the advanced section you´ll find the link.

HTH,XBTC!
I''m not sure, but I think Flipcode.com has a tutorial on Q3 BSPs. Or is it Q2?

- DarkMage139
"Real game developers don't change the rules. Real game developers don't break the rules. Real game developers make the rules!"
"Originality (in games) is the spice of life!"
- DarkMage139
DarkMage139: It''s only Q2...
Darn.

- DarkMage139
"Real game developers don't change the rules. Real game developers don't break the rules. Real game developers make the rules!"
- DarkMage139
Hmm....looking at the q2-bsp-specs may give alot insight into q3-to,it´s very similar....

Greets,XBTC!
quote:Original post by DarkMage139

I''m not sure, but I think Flipcode.com has a tutorial on Q3 BSPs. Or is it Q2?

- DarkMage139
"Real game developers don''t change the rules. Real game developers don''t break the rules. Real game developers make the rules!"

Excuse my ignorance, but what are you guys meaning by BSP''s?

BeOS, "It's da bomb, baby"
BeSIt's Da BOMB Baby!!!. o O ~ A little nonsense now and then,is relished by the wisest men~ O o .-- Willy Wonka
I''ll summarize. BSPs (Binary Space Partitions) is the technology for levels in games that use the Quake Engine. Actually, lots of engines use it nowadays. Go check a tutorial for more info.

- DarkMage139
- DarkMage139
quote:Original post by DarkMage139

I''ll summarize. BSPs (Binary Space Partitions) is the technology for levels in games that use the Quake Engine. Actually, lots of engines use it nowadays. Go check a tutorial for more info.

- DarkMage139
"Real game developers don''t change the rules. Real game developers don''t break the rules. Real game developers make the rules!"

OK, I was just wondering. I''m new to programming in general and am hanging out here because you guys are giving me insight to a lot of things. I currently program V.B. (pretty good if I say so, but no games) so all this C/C++ talk interests me as I''m learning them to program in BeOS. I plan on writing mainstream apps for Be when I get good enough, but games aren''t out of the question.

BeOS, "It's da bomb, baby"
BeSIt's Da BOMB Baby!!!. o O ~ A little nonsense now and then,is relished by the wisest men~ O o .-- Willy Wonka

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement