Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BizzyBee

To experienced VB6 user... Need help

Anyone, I need help! I am more of into C++ Language, love em, its easy... But, according to my class project requirement I had create my own game by having VB6 and C++ program to complie together for some extra credits. Now please bear with me, I am not much into VB6 as of yet, I just started it last week and has been going through search for help... To say this, ITS SUCKS! not one of search webpage would even know a thing. But anyway my primary target that I am looking for is a windowless type of form that can cover entire desktop. What I believe it''s can be called hWnd or Lightweight form. Unless I am mistaken, and if I am, please correct me. My project: I am trying to create race cars simulator, of course I am not going spend year creating language on one game itself... But I m trying to make a third party program. With this this windowless, or lightweight form or whatever its called, I would want to have a label or some picture type of speedometer with needle movement.. Clocks and everything. Now question is: Would you happen to know any source, internet, book that has some information explaining how toc reate visual basic 6 windowless form? would you know if C++ can compile with VB6 and that VB6 can read their language? I was told it could, but I need second confirmation. Woudl anyone know some type of progam that can have a label and have that type of pictrue movement in ever moment? I wish I could post this picture on this forum but HOW? there isnt any of it. Would VB6 be a good program using windowless form to have what I just explained or would there be another program that does better than VB6. Actually I think VB6 isnt good to use for creating program game or 3rd parties games... Thats it about question, reply ASAP with your comment... and BE NICE!

For a borderless form, At design time, goto the forms properties and set BorderStyle to 0 (None) and on Form_Load() put
Me.WindowState = vbMaximized

As for c++ and vb working together, you will have to compile the c++ code into a dll, and use that in vb

Lord Hen

Thanks Lord Hen This did work!

How about knowing any sources that explain how labels displays can changing into to time or values on VB window according in to running program... like for example if program send data number 1 then it will display a label number 1 on VB6 window form... then 2, 3, 4 ,5 from game, VBwindow 2 3 4 5 same way...and so on....Know any source,tutions or etc?