Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ironica

Where do I start?

Hey hehe, I wanna create some isometric maps for my MMORPG. I''m still working on the server-side, at the moment. I have started some 2 dimensional array maps, but it''s really kinda messy. Is there any good isometric engines I could use? Also, is there any good program for creating the client-side map?

Hey, I just started using Isometric maps also. If you just want to select a region of the 2D array and diplay on screen as I have done then it is easy to achieve and can be tailored to your game.
There are good tutorials on this by
If you decide on using an engine try this one, although I havn''t tried it personally:

http://www.isometrix.org/download.htm

Which is written in C++.

What sort of game is it? Just because i''m interested...

Good Luck, nop_90h

Yeah, I agree with nop_90h, it shouldn't be too hard to just display the isometric tiles. I even think there's tutorials on this site for how to do it.

As for engines... Not that it's much use to you at this point, but I'm working on an isometric engine which I will release for free when it's done. It's going to take a while until it is done, but I might start distributing betas before that. There's some info about it and a screenshot of it on my website (Quest and GoldDiggers)

/Mattias Gustavsson
www.micogames.com

[edited by - Mattias Gustavsson on August 8, 2003 3:58:40 AM]

Hehe thanks guys =)
I just always get the feeling that my code is lousy =/ Probably because I''ve never tryed it before >.<

Hehe, well most of my inspiration comes from the Legend Of Mir. Will definately wanna have it based on Oriental style world etc.