Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

duke

C++ Class Heirarchy tool

duke    107
Can anyone recommend a good tool which will created a visual representation of a class heirarchy from C++ header files? Preferably something free or with an evaluation period. By visual I mean so it shows like a box representing a class and arrows or soemthing pointing to the classes it derives from etc

Sneftel    1788
I don''t know of any tools that''ll generate class diagrams from existing code, although there are many that will generate (skeletal) code from class diagrams. However, check out Doxygen; its diagramming features may do what you want.

How appropriate. You fight like a cow.

rohde    432
Have you got VisualStudio?

In VC++ there''s an object browser which is really good and if you want the boxes and arrows you can from VC++ fire up Visio and get an UML diagram of your classes. Sweet

"Yeah, I would''ve killed you, but I''m glad I didn''t - the paperwork is a bitch"

Arild Fines    968
Most UML tools(at least the commercial ones) can reverse engineer existing code. Check out Enterprise Architect(they should have a trial).

AnkhSVN - A Visual Studio .NET Addin for the Subversion version control system.

BrianL    530
Take a look at SourceNavigator. Its a bit messy to use, but its free and pretty good at showing all sorts of useful info.