How do I check when a QuickTime sound ends?

Started by
0 comments, last by BillPo 20 years, 8 months ago
I''m working on a mac port of a game (still, for anyone who''s seen my previous posts) and it uses quicktime movies for playing sounds. Now, this was not my idea, if I had come on to this project from the beginning we''d be using something else like sound manager or whatever the carbon library has. Unfortunately the guys who started this thing decided QuickTime would be really quick to get working so they used it. And they were right, they got it to play sounds almost immediately. Unfortunately it doesn''t have very many useful features for a game engine. So anyway, I need to check when a sound has ended so I can loop it. Now, I''m actually working on two game ports, and for the other one, I just put a check to see if the movie had ended using IsMovieDone() in the update sound function that was already in the engine. That worked out very nicely. Although not the best way to do it, it appears to me to be the only way to do it using quicktime. Now unfortunately in the game I''m working on now, there doesn''t appear to be any obvious update sound function in the engine, and the directx code uses callbacks to get events when the sounds ended and stuff. So I''m wondering if anyone knows if there are any callbacks I can use to see when my QuickTime movies finish playing. I already looked on developer.apple.com but their documentation is so unclear and not very helpful. -out
-out
Advertisement
Well I think I deserve a high five from my self. *Slap* Oh and maybe props... "Props man"

Ok no, someone else found this for me, but whatever
http://developer.apple.com/documentation/quicktime/APIREF/SOURCESI/callmewhen.htm

Booooooooyaakka (Think washing machine and five alive)

-out
-out

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement