X Files animation

Started by
5 comments, last by SirMike 20 years, 8 months ago
It is my first post here so don''t yell at me if somebody has asked it before. I know how to load a mesh from a file and know how to disply it properly but when a file has animations inside I don''t know how to change frames and render it. I don''t talk about skeletal animation. Only simple keyframes. SirMike
-- SirMike - http://www.sirmike.org
Advertisement
It''s called a skinnedMesh, there is a sample in the SDK, only a sample project,but no tutorial. I wish there were some tutorials for this out there, it''s rather difficult.
Er, the animations in the X files I use are all skeletal animations. They keyframes reference animation sets, which contain bone animations.

If you''re looking for morph-style animation, you''ll have to roll your own. For what''s in the X files, all I can tell you is to look at the sample and docs. There are more animation samples coming in the next release, I do believe.

I like pie.
[sub]My spoon is too big.[/sub]
RenderTarget with which Program do u create x file animations ? i tried to use max with the plugin but it wont work.
Skinned meshes are basically skeletal animation, except that a vertex can be influenced by more than one bone.
____________________________________________________________AAAAA: American Association Against Adobe AcrobatYou know you hate PDFs...
if you don''t want to do skeletal animation, (it''s a pain and I still can''t figure it out) look at the dolphin sample that comes with the sdk, it doesn''t use a skeleton, (but it''s method of animation is not recomended for most uses)
quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster
if you don''t want to do skeletal animation, (it''s a pain and I still can''t figure it out)

O yeah, I''m also working on it :D

quote:look at the dolphin sample that comes with the sdk, it doesn''t use a skeleton, (but it''s method of animation is not recomended for most uses)

Tweening is not a thing which I would like to do with my models.
-- SirMike - http://www.sirmike.org

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement